Your Steel Building Specialist
30x40 Metal Building
A 30x40 Metal Building is a popular size for home workshops and commercial garages as well. The most common design for a 30x40 building is to have 2 -20' bays. You could have one or two large roll up doors along with a man door to allow access for the building. Whether your planning on using this size building for auto repair, wood working, supply storage or as a maintenance shop, we can help design the building for your needs.
One thing that makes a 30x40 steel building a good choice for a residential work shop or garage is it's size. Depending on the amount of land you own, you may have to contend with property line setbacks. The compact footprint of a 30x40 building means that it has a better chance of fitting if space is a concern. Don't let the size fool you though, it is still roomy enough to make it a very popular choice for many applications.
What could you do with 1,200 square feet of space to work with? I know I could put it to good use by having space to work and not have to move everything around. Just take a look at this picture. Wouldn't you hate to work with all this stuff piled up around you?
To be honest, this is really my basement workshop. I have squeezed everything I can into this 800 square foot space and it drives me crazy. As you can see stuff is piled everywhere. I can barely work on one project without having to move everything around just to get to it. With a 30x40 metal building, I could straighten up everything and have room for my project cars, wood working, storage and more. I could even install a car lift to make my life a little easier and safer working on all my projects.
I would even have enough space to separate my automotive tools from my wood working tools and be able to work on several projects at the same time.
If your like me and have more stuff than you have space for, our popular 30x40 metal building kit is the perfect choice to give you enough room (1,200 square feet to be exact) to enjoy your shop again.
Of course, you may be a business owner looking for more space as well. A 30x40 steel building offers a great option as either a working automotive shop, office building or storage warehouse.
How much does a 30x40 metal building cost?
There are many factors in the cost of a steel building such as wind and snow loads and options you want on your building. As you can see below, there is a range depending on how you design your building.
30x40x10 basic building: $14,700*+ shipping & tax (where applicable)
Building with options (not included in price above)
30x40 steel building FAQ
Can I put up a 30x40 steel building myself?
Does the price include concrete and erect?
How soon can I get my building?
What makes a Renegade Steel Building different?
Glad you asked! Not all steel buildings are made the same way. We specify requirements to make a Renegade Steel Building the best you can get for your money.
Let's start with the structure itself. Items such as girt and purlin clips are factory welded to the primary and secondary members. This means your erector won't spend extra time bolting on those clips in the proper location.
The base of our buildings uses formed base trim. This heavier gauge, one piece system installs quicker and reduces the possibility of problems seen with 2 piece systems as well as supporting your manufacturers warranty on wall panels.
Renegade's long-life, self drilling fasteners are cast aluminum zinc with a EPDM sealing washer help enforce the finish warranties and ensure a long lasting, rust free building.
One other BIG difference in a Renegade building is that whenever a customer decides they want a window, we always include a framed opening. This provides a sturdy and secure structure for the window to attach to. It also provides a better fit for weather tightness.
Other companies may take the cheap approach and just sell a window that simply screws into the wall panel.
Common used for a 30x40 steel building
Wood working shop
Furniture refinishing shop
Classic car garage
Just to name a few
- Made in the USA - Renegade Steel Buildings are sourced from steel mills in the US, along with engineering, detailing and fabrication done right here in the good old USA!
- Low Maintenance - Unlike traditional building materials that require constant upkeep, steel buildings are very low maintenance.
- Environmentally Sustainable - Steel is one of the most widely recycled materials in the world. Steel building kits can utilize nearly 70% recycled metals and are themselves recyclable as well.
- Safe and Durable - Steel is a strong product to use for buildings from the I-beam main frames to the secondary girts and purlins to the 26 gauge panels. Each piece of the kit combines to make a sturdy, pre-engineered structure.
- Cost Effective - Utilization of renewable resources, reduction of waste, and quicker installation results in a building that can produce a favorable return on investment sooner than traditional building materials and methods.
- Good Looking - Steel buildings can be customized to obtain the look you want with a variety of options.
- Renegade - Experience the Renegade difference from start to finish. Call us today or fill out our quick quote form. Our experienced team is here to help you through the process with no sales pressure or tactics, just honest answers and a focus on customer service.